‘Tis the season to be silly, tra-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
- I competed in 800m freestyle for England schools for about 6 months before the coach and I agreed that no matter how much I trained I was never going to be 6ft 2in tall and so would never have the ‘long levers’ to be a top flight athlete.
- I used to be lead boy soprano in our local parish church choir. On Saturdays we could earn Â£1 each for singing at up to 8 weddings a day. At the time it seemed a fortune. It was a very short career.
- I owned an ‘English’ brewery in France for a while making traditional British ales for the ex-pat community. Once a week, our neighbour used to take all the spent grain to feed his poultry in exchange for 2 dozen farm eggs and an occasional bottle of farm Calvados.
- I don’t care about money and never save a penny unless something needs doing on the house. Which is a bit daft for someone trained as an accountant.
- On weekends, I’m the cook of the house but I make a bigger mess than Jude does the rest of the week put together.
Technorati Tags: humor